New year, new features and improvements! 🎆 We're making URLs in Projects more powerful with direct links to the project READMEs, project item side-panel, and adding items from repository pane.
📖 Access Project READMEs by URL
Project READMEs have been around for a while but in many of our customer calls, we found that you struggled to find them. With our latest release, we've added the ability for you to directly reference and share the README pane by URL.
With the README open, copy the URL in your address bar and share wherever it's needed. We suggest using this as the primary link when sharing a project because it drops your teammates directly into a view that provides valuable information about the project.
🔗 Automatically open an item in the side-panel via deep link
You can link to an issue in a repository and you can link to a project, but now you also have the ability to deep link to a specific issue in the project to open it in the item side-panel. Share context more quickly by directly sharing your view – project and opened item – with just one URL.
You can also deep link to the
Add item from repository pane as an additional shortcut to make it even easier to bulk add items.
✨ Bug fixes and improvements
- Ability to delete all items from a board column with improved menu options
- Improved wildcard filtering
- Ability to specify the project title from the project template dialog
@today in date suggestions
- Fixed overflowing text in board item field pills
Closed label to a closed project
- Updated aria label for removing a single select field value
- Corrected positioning when dragging board columns to the right
- Fixed empty field values in the item side-panel when there is data
- Ability to filter by item number in the board layout
- Added a fix to disable workflows when a project is closed
See how to use GitHub for project planning with GitHub Issues, check out what's on the roadmap, and learn more in the docs.