GitHub Advanced Security customers can now use the GitHub REST API to retrieve commit details of secrets detected in private repository scans. Now available on cloud, the new endpoint will surface details of a secret's first detection within a file, including the secret's location and commit SHA.
We’re consistently expanding the capabilities of projects (boards & tables) on GitHub, and we’ve got a handful of exciting updates and improvements launching today.
When you are in the board layout, you can now pick any single select or iteration field to use for columns.
- Open the view settings menu and select
- Choose any of the available single select or iteration type fields.
- Drag and drop your items to update your selected field.
No more disappearing items. When you add an item to a view with a filter, those fields will now automatically be set.
With our new presence indicators we continue to evolve the real-time experience in projects, you can see who on your team is making updates to the same projects you are. Presence indicators are currently only enabled for organization owned private projects.
Other changes include:
- Clicking into the filter bar will now automatically add a space.
- Bug fix where previous iterations would not display in the board layout.
- Fixed an overflow issue with long view names.
- Added the ability to filter by type, to switch between users or teams under the
manage accesssettings page.