The redesigned GitHub navigation is now live for everyone! After a successful beta phase, which allowed users to test and provide feedback, we’re confident in providing a more intuitive, responsive, and accessible navigation experience to all users by default.
- Efficient Breadcrumbs: Navigate with a clear understanding of your location on GitHub.
- Streamlined Menus: New menus facilitate quick access to top repositories, teams, and common workflows. Just click the menu icon on the upper-left to access the global menu, or your user profile for the user menu.
- Built for Search: Optimized navigation for new code search experiences, inclusive of a quick-access button for the command palette.
- Enhanced Accessibility: Navigate seamlessly using any device and assistive technology.
- Direct Links: Immediate access to a users entire collection of ‘issues’ and ‘pull requests’ across GitHub are availabel at the upper level of the navigation.
- Mobile & Responsive Enhancements: Improved experiences on various screen sizes and devices.
- Bug and Accessibility Fixes: Resolved issues to refine user interaction and accessibility.
Your insights during the beta were invaluable. Thank you for helping us enhance GitHub. Explore and enjoy the refreshed navigation experience!