Since this is our last push to production for 2022, we wanted to take the opportunity and reflect on all the improvements shipped during this year – and boy, there were many of them! Along with General availability (GA) of Projects in July we delivered 210 feature releases 🚀. It’s been a year of listening to what you need to stay focused on code – and delivering on those requests.
Let's look at some of the highlights:
- We adapted the Project’s side-panel to keep issues front-and-center. Quickly read and leave comments, edit fields and react to issues and comments without leaving a project view.
- We simplified bulk adding issues to a project; you can expect to see more in 2023 as we make this process even sleeker. We also know you don’t need closed issues cluttering your views or the labor of manual archiving. GitHub’s solution: automated archiving.
- Productivity is all about improving micro-actions, so we also shipped branching your code directly from an issue – to get code and context tied together quickly.
- Want to keep up with changes to your Projects? Projects webhooks transmit events for any action taken on project items within your organization. But we didn’t stop there; the Projects GraphQL API was launched mid-year.
- We also help you to collaborate with your team from anywhere, anytime. If you haven’t already, join the GitHub Mobile Public Beta and make quick edits to your projects and issues while you’re on the go. For those collaborating in Slack: this year, we enabled you to create, track, and manage your GitHub issues directly from your favorite channel (learn more).
We also did a fair amount of polish and 🐛 bug fixing along the way, as you can see by this chart.
Our momentum was palpable at Universe 🪐 as we announced initial iterations on tasklists and roadmap. We have started the Private Beta rollout on these features and look forward to your feedback as you use them in the new year.
As the home of all developers, we strive to provide you with planning and tracking experiences that are adaptable, fast, and close to your code. We had a great 2022, and we want to thank you for all your feedback and support. For 2023, we already have an exciting roadmap planned, and the team is energized to bring it to life.
See you all after the Holidays 🎄.