Today, we are sharing new updates to the projects (Beta) experience, including updated repository filters and custom charts for project insights. We are also sharing a preview of issues closed reasons coming soon across GitHub.
🗂 Index page filtering
When in your issue and pull request repository pages, you can now use filters to see which items are or aren't included in a given project, making it simple to filter down to just the items you are looking for.
- Select a project from the filter menu to see all the issues or pull requests already included in the selected project.
- in front of your project filter to see all issues or pull request that are not included in the selected project.
no:project to see all issues or pull request that are not currently in a project.
🏗 Custom charts
We've continued to build upon the insights alpha based on your feedback. We are following the releases of persistent charts and chart filters with the introduction of custom charts. 🎉
Custom charts allow you to generate the insights you need with six different layout options, configurable grouping and the ability to display any of your custom fields.
With custom charts you can:
- Create a column chart, grouped by iteration and summed on effort to show how much work is going into each iteration.
- Understand where your attention is focused with a stacked column chart grouped by a custom field.
- View trends over time with the stacked area or line chart.
Join the discussion to share your feedback and experience with the insights alpha.
🕵🏽♀️ Issue closed reasons
Last year we introduced updates to our issue icons and colors along with the commitment to address your feedback on showing the reason
why an issue had been closed.
Today we are starting to roll out a preview of issue closed reasons to a small group of users.
- When closing an issue, you can opt to close as
complete (default option) or
- When filtering for issues, adding a reason will allow you to filter down to the specific set you need with either
✨ Bug fixes & improvements
Other changes include:
- In case you missed it, support for creating a branch for an issue was recently released.
- Copy support is now included for
Linked pull request and
Reviewers field types.
- Bug fix to allow the viewing of insights immediately after project creation.
- Bug fix to resolve sort order being lost when a column is hidden.
- Resolved a problem with the copy shortcut when multiple off-screen rows are selected, to ensure all off-screen data is copied.
See how to use GitHub for project planning with GitHub Issues, check out what's on the roadmap, and learn more in the docs.