Secret scanning for private repositories is now generally available for all GitHub Advanced Security customers on GitHub Enterprise Cloud. Since announcing the beta last year, we've:
- Expanded our pattern coverage from 24 partners to 37
- Added an API and webhooks
- Added notifications for commit authors when they commit secrets
- Updated the index view to made it easy to triage secrets in bulk
- Reduced the false positive rate on many patterns
We have lots more improvements planned for secret scanning, including support for custom patterns in June.