Patchwork is headed to Austin! This event is open to GitHub beginners, intermediate users, and mentors who want to help others learn.
Members of the GitHub Team and community mentors will be on hand to walk the attendees through learning modules from the GitHub Learning Lab and answer intermediate and advanced questions.
Learning Lab courses include:
- Introduction to GitHub
- Communicating using Markdown
- GitHub Pages
- Managing merge conflicts
- Introduction to HTML
- Who can attend? Newcomers to GitHub and mentors
- When? February 27, 2019, 6-9 pm (doors open at 5:30 pm).
- Where? Microsoft, Quarry Oaks II, 10900-B Stonelake Boulevard, 2nd floor, Austin, TX 78759
Patchwork is a self-directed, hands-on workshop for learning GitHub. We maintain a casual and informal atmosphere—it’s not an event full of tutorial presentations and copious note-taking. You will be able to go at your own pace with the help of a community mentor nearby, just in case you run into any trouble. Join us for a night of hacking and snacking, and make some new friends while you’re at it!
- Newcomers to Git and GitHub: you’ll leave with a merged pull request, a square on your contributions graph, and the confidence to get more involved in the open source community.
- Mentors: If you’ve ever had a pull request merged, now is your chance to help someone else create magic.
Special thanks to our partners for the event:
Don’t have a GitHub account? Be sure to create one before the event. It’s fast, easy, and free.
Food and refreshments will be provided. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know during registration.
To sweeten the deal, we’ll have stickers for everyone—hope to see you there!