Greetings, San Francisco! Join us on February 20 for our Craftwork event. This workshop is open to developers of any skill level who want to learn how to use the GitHub API to build better developer workflows.
GitHubbers will walk you through the process of creating your first GitHub App. This workshop covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the GitHub Apps flow
- Probot, a great tool for getting started building GitHub Apps
- Hosting code with Glitch
Craftwork is a hands-on workshop for learning how to build GitHub Apps—tools that can help make you and your team more productive. The atmosphere is casual and informal; we will work together and help each other build our first GitHub Apps. You will be able to work at your own pace with the help of a GitHubber nearby, just in case you run into any trouble.
You’ll leave with a working GitHub App that’s deployed and ready to use. But you’ll also have the confidence to continue building the tools you need to be more productive with your open source project, or at your work. Oh, and we’ll have stickers for everyone, too!
- Who can attend? Beginner and experienced developers alike who are looking to extend GitHub with apps
- When? February 20, 2019, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm PT
- Where? GitHub, 88 Colin P Kelly Junior Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Don’t have a GitHub account? Be sure to create one before the event. It’s fast, easy, and free.
Food and refreshments will be provided. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know during registration.