As part of our ongoing commitment to accelerate human progress through Social Impact initiatives, we’re offering students 30-minute, 1:1 micro-mentoring sessions with GitHub employees ahead of Universe.
Greetings, Paris! Join us on December 11 for our latest Craftwork event. This workshop is open to developers of any skill level who want to learn how to use both the GitHub and Datadog APIs to build better developer workflows.
GitHubbers and Datadogs will walk you through the process of creating your first GitHub App. This workshop covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the GitHub Apps flow
- Probot, a great tool for getting started building GitHub Apps
- Hosting code with Glitch
- Using the Datadog API to gain insight into your open source projects
Craftwork is a hands-on workshop for learning how to build GitHub Apps and take advantage of the Datadog API—both tools that can help make you and your team more productive. The atmosphere is casual and informal; we will work together and help each other build our first GitHub Apps. You will be able to work at your own pace with the help of GitHubbers or Datadogs nearby, just in case you run into any trouble.
You’ll leave with a working GitHub App that’s deployed and ready to use. But you’ll also have the confidence to continue building the tools you need to be more productive with your open source project, or at your work. Oh, and we’ll have stickers for everyone, too!
- Who can attend? Beginner and experienced developers alike who are looking to extend GitHub with apps
- When? December 11, 2018, 7-10 pm GMT
- Where? Datadog Paris HQ, 1 Rue de Metz, 75010 Paris, France (Métro Strasbourg – Saint Denis)
Don’t have a GitHub account? Be sure to create one before the event. It’s fast, easy, and free!
Food and refreshments will be provided. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know during registration.