Update as of 8/17/2018: Thank you to the hundreds of people who submitted an application to our 2018 GitHub Universe Individual Scholarship Program. Our application period for individual scholarships has ended on Friday, August 17, and we are no longer accepting new applications. We hope to accommodate many of the requests, but unfortunately only have a limited number of free tickets to offer.
We hope to see you at San Francisco’s beautiful Palace of Fine Arts!
We’re thrilled to announce our 2018 GitHub Universe Scholarship Program. This year, GitHub Universe is taking place on October 16-17 at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. As part of our ongoing commitment to make GitHub’s conferences accessible and inclusive to people from all walks of life, we’re excited to offer free tickets through our Community Partner and our Individual Scholarship Programs:
- Community Partners: GitHub’s Social Impact Team is once again partnering with several local nonprofits and meetup groups in order bring even more diversity to Universe. We do this out of our dedication to ensuring a more rich, dynamic, and creative experience for everyone in attendance.
- Individual Scholarship Program: For those interested in a free ticket to Universe, we do have a small number available for individuals.
Please note that individual scholarships only cover the cost of admission to Universe. Scholarships do not include any travel or lodging expenses. Scholarship recipients are responsible for arranging and paying for all their own travel and lodging expenses to, from, and within San Francisco.
Scholarships aren’t the only one way we’re making GitHub Universe more inclusive. This year, we’re proud to bring all of the following to the Universe experience:
- Inclusive meals (vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free offered. Additional dietary requirements can be arranged with 48 hours notice)
- Gender neutral bathrooms
- Quiet/meditation room
- Nursing/baby care room (refrigeration provided upon request)
- Closed captioning at all talks
- ADA compliant venue spaces
- Fresh water, treats, and an onsite relief area for service or therapy dogs