As part of our ongoing commitment to accelerate human progress through Social Impact initiatives, we’re offering students 30-minute, 1:1 micro-mentoring sessions with GitHub employees ahead of Universe.
With over 40 breakout sessions, 12 workshops, a benefit concert, and lots of learning in between—there’s something for everyone at Universe. We just released the full Universe schedule so you can see exactly what’s planned for your three days of discovery and discussion in San Francisco.
Attendees will hear from the GitHub Team and software industry experts like:
- Sara Cope, Developer at U.S. General Services Administration
- Trent Willis, Senior UI Engineer at Netflix
- Frances Haugen, Data Product Manager at Pinterest
- Machisté Quintana, Senior Software Engineer at Slack
- Cindy Payne, Tech Consulting Group Leader at Nationwide
Everyone has the opportunity to add on a workshop ticket and get hands-on experience with topics like:
- “Nerdy Git: the commands you’ve heard about but are afraid to use” with Cynthia Rich, Trainer at GitHub
- “How software teams use Heroku pipelines for continuous delivery” with Josh Lewis, Senior Web Developer at Heroku
- “Mental wellness in tech” with Amanda Gelender, Director of Social Impact at GitHub