As part of our ongoing commitment to accelerate human progress through Social Impact initiatives, we’re offering students 30-minute, 1:1 micro-mentoring sessions with GitHub employees ahead of Universe.
Update August 14, 2017: The deadline for scholarship applications has passed. Stay tuned for updates on upcoming GitHub Universe events.
GitHub Universe is approaching, and this year, we’re returning once again to Pier 70 in San Francisco October 10-12. As part of our efforts to make our conferences inclusive of people from all walks of life and enrich the experience for everyone, we’re excited to offer free tickets through scholarships and community partners.
- Community partners: GitHub’s Social Impact Team is joining forces with several non-profits and meet-up groups that focus on increasing the number of people in the tech industry who come from underrepresented backgrounds
- Individual scholarships: The deadline for individual scholarships has passed
Please note that none of our Universe scholarships include travel or lodging expenses. A scholarship only covers the cost of the conference ticket. Scholarship recipients are responsible for arranging and paying for all their own travel and lodging expenses to, from, and within San Francisco.
Scholarships aren’t the only one way we’re making GitHub Universe more accessible. This year, attendees can also expect:
- Gender neutral bathrooms
- Quiet/Meditation room
- Nursing/Baby Care room
- Closed captioning at all talks
- ADA compliant venue spaces
- Fresh water, treats, and an onsite relief area for service or therapy dogs
We hope to see you at Pier 70!