For Good First Issue is a curated list of open source projects that are also digital public goods and need the help of developers.
GitHub now has an office in Amsterdam! To spread the :octocat:
Patchwork is a self-directed, hands-on workshop for learning Git and GitHub. The atmosphere is casual and informal; it is not an event full of presented tutorials and copious note-taking. You will be able to go at your own pace, with the help of a community mentor nearby in case you run into any trouble. Join us for a night of hacking and snacking and make some new friends while you’re at it!
Newcomers to Git and GitHub: you’ll leave with a merged pull request, a square on your contributions graph, and confidence to get more involved in the open source community.
Mentors: if you’ve ever had a pull request merged, now is your chance to share the love and help someone else create magic.
- For: Git and GitHub beginners.
- When? October 28, 2015, 6:30-9:30 pm
- Where? WeWork, Weteringschans 165, 1017 XD Amsterdam
We are hosting a GitHub Meetup event at B. Amsterdam, a thriving place in the city, on Thursday, October 29th from 5:30pm-8pm. There will be a talk on “Git and GitHub Secrets,” catered food and drinks, and a chance to complete your collection of octocat stickers and T-shirts.
Come by B. Amsterdam to learn some GitHub tips and tricks, eat, drink, and mingle with GitHubbers and fellow open-source developers. This is a free event, and no registration is required. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Location: B. Amsterdam: Johan Huizingalaan 763a, 1066 VH Amsterdam
- Time: Thursday, October 29th 5:30pm-8pm
- From Central station by train to Lelylaan and metro 50 (one change) it is 20 minutes.
- Metro 51, then 50 from Weesperplein it is 20 minutes.
- B. Amsterdam has 100 parking lots for people who will come by car