With the first ever GitHub Universe only a few short days away, we wanted to give you an overview of some of the cool stuff we have planned that you might have missed, and to make sure you’re prepared.
- There will be no parking at Pier 70, so if you drive you will need to find parking in the Dogpatch nearby.
- If you choose to take Public transit, take the Muni T-line and exit at 3rd St & 20th St. Follow signs to the entrance.
- Bike valet will be available for cyclists as you approach the venue.
- Have your Uber driver enter the code UNIVERSE2015 in the “destination” field on your Uber app to take you directly to the front entrance of Pier 70 (420 22nd Street). New users of Uber will get $20 off transportation with this code!
- Pier 70 is a raw, industrial space. We recommend wearing closed toed shoes and bringing layers, as it might be cool in the morning and evening. It’s part of the adventure.
- To make GitHub Universe as accessible as possible, we will be providing ASL interpretation and a nursing room on site. If you are interested in ASL interpretation for a specific session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will insure that interpretation services are available to you.
- Universe attendees will have the opportunity to sign up for a complimentary, 30 minute consultation conducted by our very own GitHub Services team, to discuss workflows, use cases, migrations, or any other Git topics you had in mind. If you’re interested in joining us, please send an email to email@example.com. Since we have a limited number of sessions, attendees will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We have updated the Code of Conduct. Please review it here.
- Check out Gitter’s Unofficial Hitchhiker’s Guide to GitHub Universe, an app designed to help you connect with other Universe attendees! Meet likeminded people and form a dinner group.
- The after-party will take place on Thursday, October 1 at the Village (969 Market Street), beginning at 8pm and continuing until Midnight. Mike Relm and a special guest headliner will provide musical entertainment, while CODAME Art + Tech will treat us to some trippy interactive installations. Know someone who can’t attend the conference but wants to join you at the afterparty? We are opening up a few tickets to the public for this event; you can grab those here.
Follow @githubuniverse for updates and live video during the show, and use the hashtag #githubuniverse to share photos and thoughts from the conference floor.
If you haven’t got your ticket yet, you’d better get it quickly. We’re almost sold out!
We can’t wait to see you there :rocket: