Patchwork is a hands-on workshop for learning Git and GitHub. Join us for a night of hacking, food, drinks, and friends.
Forks you don’t eat with? Branches not made of wood?
Mentors, if you’ve ever had a Pull Request merged, now is your chance to share the love and help someone else create magic.
@jameswhite, @foggybtmgirl, @shayfrendt, other GitHub staff and local community mentors will be on hand to walk you through the Hello World tutorial, answer your questions, help you create your first open source project and achieve your first merged Pull Request.
We’ll begin with a story about getting started in programming, spend time on the tutorial in small groups, and then a community member will close things out with a lightning talk on an open source project.
- Who: Git and GitHub beginners.
- When: Wednesday, October 29th 2014 from 6:30-9:00pm.
- Where: The Bistro, 11 Lea Avenue, Nashville, TN 37210 (located just off Hermitage Avenue in downtown Nashville’s SoBro district)
- Want to learn Git and GitHub? RSVP as an attendee.
- Want to help guide future open source maintainers and contributors? RSVP as a mentor.
Mentors, you’ll receive an email the day before the event with details about the tutorial and creating your demo repo to help attendees.