The enterprise and organization level audit logs now record an event when the setting for automatic validity checks for secrets is enabled or disabled. This data helps GitHub Advanced Security customers understand actions taken on their secret scanning alerts for security and compliance audits.
GitHub Enterprise Server 3.10 gives customers more control over how their instance is used and run. Here are a few highlights:
- GitHub Projects is generally available, with additions that help teams manage large projects
- Always deploy safely, with custom deployment protection rules for GitHub Actions and new policy control over runners
- Start finding vulnerabilities in all your repositories, in just a few clicks with a new default setup experience for GitHub Advanced Security code scanning, and track security coverage and risk at the enterprise level
- Fine-grained personal access tokens (PATs) bring granular control to PATs
- Branch protections meet more compliance needs with more control over merge policies
- Backup instances faster and more incrementally, for more confident operations
If you are upgrading from Enterprise Server 3.8 then this release also includes an upgrade from MySQL 5.7 to 8, which will increase I/O utilization. Please read this page for more details on this increase and how to mitigate it if you see an unacceptable degradation of performance on your instance.