Today, we are announcing the general availability of the new and improved Projects powered by GitHub Issues 🎉 🎉 🎉. Since we launched the public beta at Universe last year, we have listened to your feedback and shipped 15 changelogs at a cadence of every two to three weeks.
At a glance, the new GitHub Projects enable you to:
- Plan, collaborate, and track your work close to your code in one centralized place.
- Stay organized with custom fields and spreadsheet-like table or board views.
- Keep your eyes on the prize with visibility into done and remaining work to ship.
As usual, with our Changelogs, we’re bringing even more new functionality updates to the experience.
We’ve added a section to the projects index page that shows both recently used projects and projects created by the user accessing the page. These two shortcuts are handy in organizations with a large project count, making it easy to get to projects you frequently visit.
We’ve introduced a new setting that enables organization owners to toggle the ability to update project visibility to public, giving you more assurance that users won’t accidentally expose sensitive data within a project. 🙌
To enable this setting, organization owners can go to
github.com/organizations/<org-login>/settings/projects and select the checkbox under the “Member privileges” heading below.
Use this setting to prevent accidental exposure of sensitive data within a project 🔒💖
- Fixed a bug where text surrounded by backticks in the Projects side panel failed to render.
- Made it more explicit that deleting a custom field would permanently delete the data of that field.
- Improved styling on Project views, improved spacing, and added separators between views.
- Fixed a minor UX glitch when users switched from one view to another, where issues appear in the table and then are hidden.
- Searching for a repository when performing an issue transfer no longer requires an exact name match to find target repositories.
- Bug fix on issue comments previously when creating/editing a comment, then using
tabto exit the comment field shortcuts would not trigger until a focus was moved again.
- Improved fuzzy search for the label picker on issue pages.