This marks 1️⃣ year since our initial private beta announcement! 🎉
Today's Changelog brings you the ability to bulk add items to projects and GraphQL API improvements!
Bulk add items
To make it even easier to add your issues and pull requests to a project, we have now added a new way to bulk add issues to your projects.
- Hit the
+ button by the omnibar.
Add item from repository.
- Pick your repository and get adding.
🤖 GraphQL API improvements
The projects GraphQL API is now generally available 🎉. With this update, we are announcing:
1) The introduction of new ProjectV2 object and mutations.
2) The deprecation of ProjectNext object and mutations, scheduled for 1st October 2022.
What are the new changes?
We have added a new ProjectV2 object to our GraphQL API to programmatically access a project.
The fields of the project are now available as:
The items of the project are represented by the ProjectV2Item object. It contains a field
type to identify the item type –
Draft Issue or
Redacted. The values of the item are available under the
We are also adding the following mutations for updating a project:
Based on feedback that more granular scopes would be useful, we have introduced new OAuth scopes specifically for this update:
read:project scope provides query access to
project scope provides query access to
ProjectV2 objects and access to mutations.
✨ Bug fixes & improvements
Other changes include:
- Bug fix where @mentions didn't include all users when editing a comment.
- Ability to open the issues side-panel using the spacebar.
- Long project titles no longer truncate when there is room to display the full title.
- Bug fix to resolve a flash that occurs when creating or editing a project view title.
See how to use GitHub for project planning with GitHub Issues, check out what's on the roadmap, and learn more in the docs.