As always, you can sponsor projects from wherever GitHub does business and join the Sponsors waitlist if we’re not yet in your region.
Today's Changelog brings you the release of project webhooks, a first exploration into templates and a host of improvements to GitHub Issues.
The first release of webhooks for projects (beta) is now available for Organizations and GitHub Apps. 🤩
Once configured and enabled, webhooks will transmit events for any action taken on project items within your organization. This includes changes made (via projects) to status, assignee, labels, and even draft issue titles and descriptions!
You can find webhooks for projects (beta) in the "Webhooks" section of your organization settings page under the title
Projects v2 Items. For more information, including technical specifications, check out the docs.
🦻 We're still developing webhooks, and we'd love to hear your feedback; drop us a line in our Feedback Discussion.
When you create a new project, you now have the option of multiple templates to choose from. Start with either the default table or board, or explore one we've created for you with our
team backlog or
Stay tuned for more with templates in the future. 💖
Quickly understand which organization or user a project belongs to and easily navigate via the breadcrumbs in the project header. We've got more to do here, so please let us know what you think.
Other changes include:
- Bug fix so projects (beta) insights retain URL parameters when switching to custom date ranges.
- REST API, GraphQL API and webhook support for closed issue reasons.
- The emoji menu on milestone creation now loads in the correct place.
- Users trying to upload large files now receive the correct 'file too large' error, not a 'file type not supported' error.
- Bug fix when converting a task list item to an issue, the ` character is now correctly formatted.
- When transferring an issue between repositories, if no search results are found there is new UI to help you understand why some repositories are excluded.
- Using the
assigneefilter menu on the issues index page, you now have the option to filter by the current user instantly, without having to wait for all possible assignees to load.