Since our last update, we’ve continued to improve the GitHub Issues beta to expand the capabilities of both project tables and boards. Here are some of the recent ships:
🌀 Iteration field type
Build tempo with our new field type –
iteration. With iterations you’ll find it easy to keep everyone aligned on what’s in progress and make jobs like cycle planning a breeze.
Designed to take the manual pain away from creating new iterations every week, iterations are a smooth and streamlined experience.
- Create a new field, and select the iteration type. Here you can pick the start date and length of the iteration.
save and create, and we will auto add 3 instances of the iteration to get you started.
- Easily create more in the settings screen.
- Filter, sort, and group by just like you would any other field.
✋ Granular permissions
Project access you control. With our new manage access tab it’s easy to set up the right permissions for your project.
- Select a base role for your organization – admin, write, read or no access.
- Manage individual access for collaborators.
- Support for teams and external collaborators coming soon.
✨ Bug fixes & improvements
- We reduced the number of confirmation toasts to help keep you in the zone.
- Updated icons for draft and closed PRs.
- Fixed an edge case where the issue suggester could include the issue you just added, which would result in an error.
- Cards in the board are no longer selected when performing a
meta+clickon the title.
- Bug fix where the
delshortcuts in the board layout we overriding the repo picking during convert to issue.
- In the table layout, you can now hide a column that has a group by applied.
- Previously a new project needed items added before you could add columns – now you can start with columns or items.