Before analyzing your code, CodeQL first creates a CodeQL database containing all of the important information about your codebase. This database is then analyzed by executing CodeQL queries against it.
The new diagnostic information includes important information to help learn more about the CodeQL analysis.
Diagnostic information includes:
- Lines of code in your codebase (as a baseline)
- Lines of code in the CodeQL database extracted from your code
- Lines of code in the CodeQL database excluding auto-generated files and external libraries
- Number of files successfully analyzed
- Number of files that generate extractor errors and warnings during database creation
You can see the detailed diagnostic information in GitHub CodeQL Actions Logs.
You also can view Lines of code in your codebase and Lines of code in the CodeQL database by going to the Security tab and selecting Code scanning alerts.