Get a sneak peek into the must-attend sessions, speakers, workshops, and GitHub certifications available at our global developer event.
Are you looking for ways to support open source maintainers? Maintainer Month is the perfect opportunity! This May, open source maintainers from all around the world will come together to celebrate their hard work and contributions to the community. And we’re looking for partners like you to help make it happen.
Maintainer Month (#MaintainerMonth) is a time for maintainers to gather, share their experiences, and be recognized for their important role in the open source ecosystem. Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for this year:
- Workshops for maintainers, starting with onboarding new contributors & investing in new maintainers.
- Podcasts and streams featuring interviews with your favorite maintainers, including popular shows like the Changelog Podcast, Sustain, Open at Microsoft, ReadME Project, and Open Source Stories.
- Conferences like Open Source Summit North America in Vancouver. We’ll be hosting a Maintainer Month activation where maintainers can share their stories live with the Changelog Podcast. Use the Maintainer Month discount code OSSNA23GHMM for a 20% discount for new registrants!
But Maintainer Month isn’t just about events and activities–it’s also an opportunity for companies and organizations to support maintainers and open source projects. That’s why we’re looking for partners who want to make a difference during this important month.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Host an event for maintainers in your community, whether it’s a workshop, meetup, or virtual gathering. Submit your event to be listed on our website.
- Share stories of maintainers and their contributions to open source with the hashtag #MaintainerMonth. This could be through blog posts, social media, or other content. Submit stories to be featured on our website.
- Sponsor maintainers and open source projects with the new organization-funded sponsorships and bulk sponsorships. Your support can make all the difference in helping maintainers build and sustain their projects. We’d love to help you launch a FOSS Fund or sponsorship program at your company–get in touch!
We hope you’ll join us in celebrating Maintainer Month this May. Together, we can show our appreciation for the hard work and dedication of maintainers, and support them in building a stronger, more sustainable open source community.