From talks with open source maintainers to executive panels with innovative companies like Shopify, Zapier, and Ford—plus announcements from GitHub product leaders—there’s something for everyone at GitHub Universe. Here are a few reasons to join thousands of developers, software executives, and maintainers from around the world in San Francisco on November 13-14 at our biggest product and community conference. Make this Universe yours with a community connected by code.
Save $300 with early bird pricing—here for a limited time.
Learn from the best
With session tracks focused on tools for enterprises, maintainers, integrators, and developers alike, you’re sure to find a new skill or two to level up your work.
Put faces to usernames
Meet the developers you already code alongside every day and industry experts who are shaping the future of software.
Hear what’s next
Be the first to learn the next big bets and products that GitHub is investing in from CEO Nat Friedman and leaders across the company.
Pick up enough stickers, shirts, and figurines from the GitHub Shop, and vendors you love, to last you until the next Universe.
With workshops the day before the conference, you can start building with the latest and greatest tools in advance of the announcements.
These are just some of the people and teams who are shaping the future of software—and you can be front row to see them in action.
- Learn how IBM Data Scientist, Emma Dickson, tracked social coding behaviors in their team’s development workflow using GitHub Enterprise insights.
- Borrow from the organizational frameworks that organisms like starfish use for organizing your next open source project with a talk by Nexmo Developer Advocate, Ben Greenberg.
- Hear from Toast Founder, Rea Loretta, on her tips for how to paginate, create and plan queries, use tech-preview features, and manage costs using the GitHub GraphQL API.
- Explore what Shopify learned about using merge queue and how it helped ship pull requests at scale from Production Engineer, Jack Li.
- Listen in on Ford’s history of software engineering, some of the unique requirements and challenges faced in their systems from Software Supervisors, Tom Erickson and Tim Carmean—and how GitHub helps them quickly deliver quality products.
Gather a few teammates to join you at Universe and save—a completely free ticket to be exact. There’s no better way to bring your team closer together than learning how to automate more of your workflow in a workshop or designing your very own Octocat laptop stickers, right?
Never been to a GitHub event before? See GitHub Satellite 2019 in action.