Whether you're coding up a storm or cooking up code, building a controller function with AI is your secret sauce to a flavorful app.
GitHub for Unity Package Beta Release
Our Unity package is ready to support your adventures in game development.
Sadly, GDC 2018 is coming to a close. Tens of thousands of developers visited San Francisco to explore the latest and greatest in the gaming industry—including a large number of Unity developers who might be excited to hear that we’ve released GitHub for Unity Beta to support them through their adventures in game development.
Our Unity package provides Unity game developers with the benefits of source control and GitHub without having to switch to the command line. The package already included basic Git support from within Unity and allowed you to use GitHub features in just a few clicks. With our latest update, you can now take advantage of Git LFS and file locking, too.
Git-LFS provides a unique experience for game developers. With the ability to store your large asset files outside your repository (but still on GitHub.com servers) your repository becomes a more manageable size, making cloning and fetching much faster. You gain versioning and the same integrated Git workflow you use for text files for large asset files. Git-LFS also brings your team file locking, ensuring your assets are not overwritten or corrupted.
- Unity 5.4 and above on both Mac and Windows
- GitHub authentication (including 2fa) with HTTPS support
- Git management added to Unity, providing users with user and email configuration, Git remote configuration, and Git installation path configuration
- Local repository management including a list of changes, selective commit, and the ability to discard file changes
- Git and GitHub repository operations including lists of commits with details that can be reverted and branch operations including listing local and remote branches. You can also create and publish new branches, delete existing branches, and of course fetch, push, and pull operations between local and remote
- File locking with visual locking indicators in the UI within the file, a list of locked files, and notifications when a file is locked by someone else
And don’t forget, our package is open source. We encourage you to share feedback, report bugs, and contribute where you can! Just visit our GitHub for Unity repository to get started!