GitKraken is now part of the Student Developer Pack. Students can manage Git projects in a faster, more user-friendly way with GitKraken’s Git GUI for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
GitKraken is a cross-platform GUI for Git that makes Git commands more intuitive. The interface equips you with a visual understanding of branching, merging and your commit history. GitKraken works directly with your repositories with no dependencies—you don’t even need to install Git on your system. You’ll also get a built-in merge tool with syntax highlighting as well as one-click undo and redo for when you make mistakes. Other features of GitKraken are:
- Drag and drop to merge, rebase, reset, push
- Resizable, easy-to-understand commit graph
- File history and blame
- View image diffs in app
- Fuzzy finder and command palette
- Submodules and Gitflow support
- Easily clone, add remotes, and open pull requests in app
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Dark and light color themes
- GitHub integration
Members of the pack get GitKraken Pro free for one year. With GitKraken Pro, Student Developer Pack members will get all the features of GitKraken plus:
- The ability to resolve merge conflicts in the app
- Multiple profiles for work and personal use
- Support for GitHub Enterprise
Students can get free access to professional developer tools from companies like Datadog, Travis CI, and Unreal Engine. The Student Developer Pack lets you learn, experiment, and build software with the tools developers use at work every day without worrying about cost.
Students, get a Git GUI now with your pack.