We’ve begun rolling out major improvements to GitHub organization permissions to all organizations on GitHub.com. These improvements include new customizable member privileges, fine-grained team permissions, and more open communication. Over the next few days, all organization owners will be able to take advantage of the new system.
Announced a few short months ago, these improvements give your organization the flexibility to work the way you want. To recap, here are just a few highlights:
- (Opt-in) Members can view and mention all teams, even when they’re not on those teams.
- (Opt-in) Members can create repositories without help from an owner.
- Members can create new teams to self-organize with the people they work with.
- Owners can give just the right amount of access to contractors and interns by adding them to repositories without giving them the privileges of organization members.
- And many more! Learn about GitHub’s improved organization permissions.
Coding together just got easier.