All GitHub Copilot for Individuals users now have access to GitHub Copilot Chat beta, bringing natural language-powered coding to every developer in all languages.
We’ve begun rolling out major improvements to GitHub organization permissions to all organizations on GitHub.com. These improvements include new customizable member privileges, fine-grained team permissions, and more open communication. Over the next few days, all organization owners will be able to take advantage of the new system.
Announced a few short months ago, these improvements give your organization the flexibility to work the way you want. To recap, here are just a few highlights:
- (Opt-in) Members can view and mention all teams, even when they’re not on those teams.
- (Opt-in) Members can create repositories without help from an owner.
- Members can create new teams to self-organize with the people they work with.
- Owners can give just the right amount of access to contractors and interns by adding them to repositories without giving them the privileges of organization members.
- And many more! Learn about GitHub’s improved organization permissions.
Coding together just got easier.