SoMa Recreaton Center
270 6th Street
San Francisco, CA
Sunday, March 22, 1:00pm until 6:30pm
- 1:00 to 1:30 – Sign in and warm up
- 1:30 to 4:30 – Round Robin Tournament play
- 4:45 to 6:00 – Single Elimination Round
- 6:00 to 6:30 – Awards ceremony
- 7:00 to 10:00 – After-party at GitHub HQ (88 Colin P Kelly Jr. Street, San Francisco).
In 2013, 20 teams joined us to compete on the dodgeball court, all in the name of charity. Heroku prevailed for the second time and brought home the Octotrophy, but the real champions are those who received some of the $58,000 we raised!
We’re headed back to SoMa Recreation Center and we’re devoted to making this year’s tournament the best yet. The buy-in to enter is $3,000, and all funds will be split among the charities.
We’ll be using the World Dodgeball Society’s rules for our 2015 tournament. Teams will need 10 players on court during gameplay, but can have up to 15 members per team to allow for player substitutions. Teams must have at most a 3:1 ratio of men to women.
We will all be playing for four local charities. Donations are managed by Bright Funds.
- Build BUILD’s mission is to use entrepreneurship to excite and propel disengaged, low-income students through high school to college success. In 2002, BUILD became a key player in school districts when it went into local high schools and began offering its entrepreneurship curriculum as a daily, credited class. By working closely with the partner schools and their teachers, BUILD began supplementing students’ traditional education with the real-life experience of running their own small businesses.
- SF Public Library The SF Library system is pretty amazing. Not only are they one mega, open source of information and learning in the sense of lending books, music, etc., but they also have all kinds of others programs to support the community. It is also one of the few places people can go and use computers for free. Finally, it often doubles as safe space for at risk youth and the homeless population.
- Second Harvest Food Bank Collects and distributes more than 1 million pounds of food throughout the Bay Area EACH WEEK. They are feeding thousands of families, many of which are struggling to pay high local rents, etc.
- Glide Glide provides many kinds of services to anyone who needs them, from shelter, to healthcare, to overcoming violence.
Send them to email@example.com