Explore the July edition, featuring prompts, tips, and use cases for GitHub Copilot.
What an incredible and productive year! A few days ago the 10 millionth repository was created on GitHub.com, just in time for the new year.
The first million repositories were created in just under 4 years; 3 years, 8 months and 15 days to be exact. This last million took just 48 days. In fact, over 5.5M repositories — more than half of the repositories on the site — were created this year alone.
To celebrate, here’s a look at some of the popular, interesting, and noteworthy projects that came online in 2013:
- Project Open Data, the repo behind the White House’s Open Data Policy
- Docker, the open source application container engine
- Tate Metadata, metadata for 70,000 works of art that the Tate owns or jointly owns with the National Galleries of Scotland
- Lots of great projects released by Amazon  , Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Square, Twitter, and Walmart , just to name a few.
- Check out the Explore and Trending pages to find more great stuff on GitHub
Here’s a quick
We’ll be sharing some more stats from the year soon, but for now, happy holidays and here’s to the next 10 million!