Last year, 20 teams faced off on the dodgeball court, (in the name of charity, of course). It was a ton of fun, and we were able to raise over $62,000 to give to four amazing non-profits.
We hope you’ll join us this year, for the 3rd annual GitHub Dodgeball Tournament!
We’ve brought back the folks from the World Dodgeball Society to help with the tournament. This year, we have room for 22 teams to compete in the tournament next month. All you need to compete is 10 to 15 of your strongest co-workers or friends, a donation of $3,000, and to register. Then join us Sunday, November 17th at the SoMa Recreation Center!
We will all be playing for four amazing local charities:
- Second Harvest Food Bank: mobilizes individuals, companies, and community partners to connect people to the nutritious food they need.
- Streetside Stories: cultivates young people’s voices to develop literacy and arts skills, fosters educational equity, values diversity, and builds community.
- Family House: Provides housing and support for low-income families of children with cancer or life-threatening illnesses.
- Year Up: Inspiring students to pursue careers in science and technology.
- What: The Second Annual Octocat Dodgeball Invitational
- Where: SoMa Rec Center, 270 6th Street
- When: Sunday, November 17th from 1:00pm – 6:30pm
- 1:00 to 1:30 – Sign in and warm up
- 1:30 to 4:30 – Tournament play
- 5:00 to 6:00 – Finals
- 6:00 to 6:30 – Awards ceremony
- 7:00pm – After-party, details coming soon
Register here: http://dodgeball.github.com/