Last year we invited 17 teams to compete on the dodgeball court, all in the name of charity. It was awesome! While Heroku’s team did defeat all the competition, the real champions are those who received some of the $57,000 we raised last year!
This year we’re going bigger, with more teams and more donations! We’ve even paired up with the folks from the World Dodgeball Society to help make this year’s tournament more awesome than last year!
We have room for 24 teams to compete next month. All you need to compete is 10 to 12 of your strongest co-workers or friends, and a donation of $3,000. Sign up here!
We will all be playing for four amazing local charities:
- 826 Valencia: dedicated to supporting students ages six to eighteen with their writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write.
- Streetside Stories: cultivates young people’s voices to develop literacy and arts skills, fosters educational equity, values diversity, and builds community.
- SF Public Libraries: gives access to information, knowledge, independent learning and the joy of reading.
- Second Harvest Food Bank: mobilizes individuals, companies, and community partners to connect people to the nutritious food they need.
- What: The Second Annual Octocat Dodgeball Invitational
- Where: SoMa Rec Center
- When: Sunday, November 11th from 1:00pm – 6:30pm
- 1:00 to 1:30 – Sign in and warm up
- 1:30 to 4:30 – Tournament play
- 5:00 to 6:00 – Finals
- 6:00 to 6:30 – Awards ceremony
- 7:00pm – After-party, details coming soon
Register here: http://dodgeball.github.com/