Explore the July edition, featuring prompts, tips, and use cases for GitHub Copilot.
Update: Uploads have been deprecated
Not too long ago we rolled out the one true downloads button, but unfortunately the Downloads page was still left unattended. Well, today we’re rolling out a totally new downloads page – including a completely rewritten uploader.
You can check out the new downloads screen on pages like brotherbard’s gitx fork.
Most importantly, we’ve completely rewritten the file uploader. So when you go to a repository that you have pushable access to, you’ll see a new interface.
- The uploader actually works (yay!)
- Upload multiple files at a time (you can select multiple files in the file dialog or click choose file multiple times)
- Better error handling (no more ambiguous alerts)
The downloads section is a great place to put things that are related to your project, but not necessarily the code. Some examples:
- PDF documents explaining the technology
- Binary distributions of software
- PSD Mockups
- SQL or data dumps
And don’t forget that you can automatically generate zip and tar.gz packages of your codebase by using git tag and they’ll show up on the downloads page.